Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Books read in October

My "fun book" was The Bishop by Steven James. If you like suspense and murder mysteries you may like this series (this was the fourth book), but let me forwarn you that I may not have started the series if I realized how much detail was in the "dark" side of the book. The author is a christian, and although it isn't a "christian novel" it is interesting to see the characters wonder and work through things in their spiritual lives. That is by far my favorite part of the books.

I have also been reading 365 Games Smart Toddlers Play. It has a lot of fun quick games to play with your toddler, and it doesn't take a lot to read. The games are fun :)

The book that I have been reading slowly but surely is Parenting: from Surviving to Thriving by Charles Swindoll. Thus far I have enjoyed what he has to say, the only downside is the need to "marinate" each thought. I only find myself finishing a few pages at a time. It is a library book, and by the time I am done I am pretty sure the library will be calling collections on me :)

3 comments:

  1. Interesting tidbit - I worked with Steve at a Christian camp many years ago before he was "Steven James". Small world. I haven't read any of his books, but have heard a lot about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Carrie - he seems like a nice guy on his blog, and he really is a phenomenal writer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use some fun activities to do with my toddler and preschooler, so I need to check out that book. And the Swindoll book sounds like a good read, too.

    ReplyDelete