Saturday, December 12, 2009

Found a great read.

I am reading a book this week by Mary Ostyn at http://www.owlhaven.net/ called Family Feasts For $75 a week. It is great! I love that she not only includes recipes for everything, but she also tells you why to do certain parts of the recipe. As an example when she gives her biscuit recipe she reminds you to handle as little as possible to get the fluffiest biscuits...things you may (or may not) know, but is always nice to be reminded of. We tried out her recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bars and they got the seal of approval from my husband, my toddler, and of course my dear, sweet sister-in-law (she stopped by to hang out, but confessed later that she was certain I would have "good stuff" around). We are enjoying it and hope you get a chance to check out Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment