Monday, September 6, 2010

Our not so amazing Publix trip

I think I was still on a high from my CVS trip when I went to publix today, because I did not have my thinking cap on. I made several great buys and made up for those by buying tons of bags that were not on sale...what was I thinking? I needed to buy bags, but I could have just used my coupons on the size I needed and bought more later when they were on sale, instead I just bought to use up coupons...urg! Maybe I will return them tomorrow :) Ended up spending $100.13 which is way high for us, but I was also completely out of meat, poultry, fish, and shrimp. I didn't buy any fish, but I bought the other 3 in fairly large quantities. Luckily the shrimp was on sale. Had a really good deal on Cheese - there is a Kraft coupon fo $5 off of 5 items and the chunk cheese was on sale for $2, so I think that was pretty great. Got some yogurt packs for under $1, and I ended up with $25 in coupons all told, so I'm not unhappy, just wish I had been thinking on ZipLocs. I guess I can just learn from my mistakes...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment