Monday, October 17, 2011

Blogging for Books ~ The Corruptible by Mark Mynheir

I love a good detective story, but I often have a hard time finding  a good story that I feel is both "lifelike" but still clean.  Obviously if you need a detective then something unseemly must have happened, but I want to read and solve the crime, but not be covered in the detail of the crime or being overcome by curse words.  The Corruptible had this for me.  Their was an interesting crime that took brains to figure out, but I wasn't dragged down by language or sordid detail.  This is a "Ray Quinn Mystery"  and I thought Ray was an enjoyable character.
I enjoyed working at the office of Ray Quinn and seeing his colleagues in action. As a private investigator that had retired from the police department he got to work the case with all the help the police department could give him, but with out all the red tape they have to go through.  I really also enjoyed getting to know his associate Crevis.  Crevis seemed to be a man that was loyal to a fault, and I loved it.  Loyalty is an amazing motivator. 
This book was a great read.  I really enjoyed it. 

Thanks to WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for providing a free copy of this book for me to review. My Opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment