Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blogging for Books - The Canary List

My most recent read from the "Blogging for Books" program was The Canary List by Sigmund Brouwer. It is the story of an unloved foster child and the world she gets wrapped up in. It is a fictional look at the Catholic church, and all the inner workings of the Vatican City, complete with how it might be affected by that same foster child.
I enjoyed the book, but some of it was a little to close to home, and other parts were completely far fetched. I know that the Catholic church isn't perfect, as much as I know that there are both good and bad men that have become priests. Some of those men who have not made Christ the center of there lives may have even worked themselves up in the hierarchy of the church, but this author takes it to the extreme. The book as interesting, viewed as a work of fiction, but I am sure some will be offended by the portrayal. That being said, you may enjoy it :). I'm going to give it a 3 out of 5 star rating.
You can check out the book here. You can even read the first chapter while you are there.
Thanks to WaterBrooks Multnomah Publishing Group for providing a free copy for me to review. My opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment