Monday, February 13, 2012

Required Reading for Teenage Girls - and Their Parents

I love Robin Jones Gunn - I love the way she writes, I love her characters, I just love her.  This month I was given the opportunity to read an older series that she wrote.  It is coming out now in "volume version"  The Sierra Jensen Collection Vol. 1 is the first 3 books in the Sierra Jensen series.  Gunn allows her characters room to feel, make mistakes, and stand up for themselves and their God and I love that about her.  When her characters make decisions she makes sure that the readers understand where those decisions are coming from.  Sierra is a 16 year old girl that is ready to grow up, but is reminded again and again to enjoy the time she has as a teenager.  She goes through all of the typical teenage growing pains, and she survives and even thrives.  I love the author incorporates scripture and the joy of the Word in every book that she writes and that she writes about families and the joy and pain of being apart of one.  I think that both the Christy Miller Series and the Sierra Jensen Series should be required reading for teen girls, because it gives a lot of food for thought and it makes you think about the way you do things (especially where boys are concerned) and why you do them.  Moms gift these books to your daughters today! 
Thanks WaterbrookMultnomah for providing me with a copy to review. My opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment