I read 3 different books as a part of the Blogging for Books program.
- The Canary List by Sigmund Brouwer - Review
- The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck by Kathleen Y'Barbo - Review
- The Sierra Jensen Collection Volume 1 by Robin Jones Gun - Review
- Healthy Children's Lunches - I enjoyed the ideas in the book, but will caution the reader that it is written by an English author, and some things just don't "translate" exactly to US measurements or ingredients.
- Organized Simplicity - I loved this book. Sometimes I just need a little motivation. It wasn't that there was a whole lot in this book that I didn't know how to do, but sometimes I just need someone to tell me what to do. We are planning a garage sale in a week and Tsh was just what I needed to get me motivated to go through the house.
- Quick and Easy Family Dinners - This was not my favorite cookbook - in fact I will probably not try any of the recipes in it - it just didn't fit my family style.
- Smart School Time Recipes - Healthy foods and snacks for your kids (or you). I loved this - some of the recipes don't have things that I normally keep around the house, but if you are a dairy free house there are a lot of options for you here - It includes contributions from several authors with various backgrounds, but the main author is dairy free, and she includes suggestions to make any of the options dairy free.
- The Money Saving Mom's Budget: Slash Your Spending, Pay Down Your Debt, Streamline Your Life, and Save Thousands a Year - I love Crystal from Moneysavingmom.com and I was excited about reading the book. She did a great job. It was definitely a book that a beginner could start with - most of what she does or recommends I already do, or am trying to do, but I found it to encourage me to keep on. I'm not going to save thousands more than I alreday do, but I may save a few more dollars this year :)
- Grow Great Grub: Organic Food from Small Spaces - I loved this book. It was a gardening for dummies kind of book, but specifically geared for small spaces and containers. I know nothing, and try to increase the harvest a bit more every year and this was great - it filled in some blank spaces for me.