Saturday, May 12, 2012

Blind Hope - Blogging for books

This month I received Blind Hope - An Unwanted Dog & the Woman She Rescued by Kim Meeder and Laurie Sacher from Blogging for Books.  It is a story of a woman who was taught how to love and be loved by a rescued dog with a litany of problems. 

I enjoyed the book and the story, although for some it'll come across as "preachy."  Each story that is related is related for the express purpose of bringing some point across, but for the woman in the story (Laurie Sacher) I'm sure that's how life felt.  Everytime she learned something new from her dog she always saw the implications of her relationship with the heavenly father.  The story is a true one that is set at a ranch that rescues horses and helps children.  Laurie came to work at the ranch and learned more than I'm sure she ever bargained for. 

The story is uplifting and glorifying to God. I really enjoyed it.  It did feel disjointed in some points, but it was always at a chapter break that I felt that way.  I hope you read it, enjoy it, and apply some new principles to your own life. 


Thanks WaterbrookMultnomah for providing me with a copy to review. My opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment