Saturday, May 12, 2012

Booking It

If you need motivation to keep up with your reading list, as well as suggestions from other readers you should check out http://lifeasmom.com .  Follow the booking it feature.  Come on, Try it, You'll like it :)

This month I read Blind Hope as my Blogging for Books selection.  It was uplifting and it had a good underlying story, but will be considered "preachy" by some and was somewhat disjointed. If you want to read more check out what I had to say here.

I also read Coming Back Stronger by Drew Brees.  If you read the Tim Tebow book and enjoyed it, then you'll probably enjoy this one as well.  It was pretty well written (for what it is), and I really enjoyed a lot of the back story that I hadn't heard before.  If you don't love football you won't love the play by play, but my nephew ate every word up.  It was really interesting hearing about Drew coming back from a career threatening injury and hearing how he dealt with the rehab and the pressure.  I enjoyed the book, but confession - I skipped a lot of the play by play. :)

I went back to enjoy a Cindy Woodsmall book again this month (she writes novels that deal primarily with the Amish and Mennonite communities).  It was a gift from Waterbrook for reviewing a different Cindy Woodsmall book.  It was called The Scent of Cherry Blossoms.  I really loved it.  It really showed life and how the two communities are interconnected (the Amish and Mennonite) but yet still so separate.  The love story was wonderful, and it is always great to read a love story where everything is kept pure, and that consequences of actions are thought about in advance.  It made me think about what I would have done in a similar situation, and although this world is obviously worlds apart from mine, I think I was able to have some serious soul searching about the matter.

I also have really been enjoying reading a blog called inspired reads which highlights books on amazon that are free for kindles for a small period of time.  This blog has had my kindle (on the phone) constantly full and I can stop and read them at any time. 
. If you want to download the book, check to see what the current price is. I read The Pig and the Pantry by Rose Godfrey
Always the Designer Never the Bride by Bricker
Paper Roses by Amanda Cabot
Homespun Bride by Jillian Hart
Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise by Magnin
Goodness Gracious Green by Christie
Gone to Green by Christie
How to De-Clutter and Make Money by Kuper
and Heart of Gold by Lacy Williams

I am going to review all of these books soon ( I should have done it while I was reading them), but nap time is nearly over at my house.  Enjoy your books this month.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment