Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chasing the Sun - book review

I got a chance to review a book for Bethany House Publishers this month and I loved it. I give it 5 out of 5 stars! I love Tracie Peterson and have enjoyed everything that she has written and this was no different. A family moves to Texas in an attempt to escape the heartache of losing wide and mom, but soon after they move the country is swept up in a civil war. Texas is far away from the initial fighting, but even Texas has its loyalties tested. It was really interesting to view the civil war and the problems with local Indians through Hannah Dandridge's eyes. As a woman raised in Vicksburg,MS, she was loyal to the south, but being in TX where the fighting was a bit distant she had a chance to view and accept both sides, a chance to place her her "loyalty" with humanity. She was raising a brother and sister, twenty years her junior, helping run a ranch and hoping to hear from her family every day, but she held fast to her faith and the knowledge that whatever happened God was still in control. If you enjoy historical fiction and a bit of romance, you too will enjoy this story. Go on, check it out! Chasing the Sun Thank you Bethany House Publishers for providing me with a copy to review. My opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment