Thursday, February 7, 2013

Deadline - Thought Provoking Fiction

Jake Woods is a journalists with a list of problems a mile long, not the least of which is that he was in an accident with two of his best friends, where they were both killed.  As Jake investigates the accident he finds that he has to do a lot of soul searching, things he thought he had decided long ago were now being questioned in his own mind. Where will all of this lead him?

I did like this book, but at times I just couldn't read any farther.  There is a lot to think about on a lot of different topics as you read.  At time it reads as slowly as a nonfiction book because of all the topics covered. For me it was a very slow read, but one I enjoyed. Parts of the book picture heaven, and I must confess to skimming those parts, I enjoyed the "earthly" parts of the book.  I would not recommend this book for young teens. The material is weighty, and sin is shown and shown quite clearly. It is handled in such a manner that you know it is sin, but it would be a very difficult read for an early teen.  You can check Deadline out here.

Thanks to Multnomah for providing me with a review copy. My opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment