Monday, January 10, 2011

Bookin' It!

It is the time of year to share reading plans and goals. I love to read, and I am just giving myself a little bit of structure to keep myself on track. This year I'll be participating in the "Assigned reading" from Life as Mom (at least most months) and I'm hoping to have at least two other books to comment on each month. I also joined Blogging for books and will be reviewing books for them as well that I will be adding to my write ups. Since the last booking it in December I have actually done a lot of reading.

I read Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball by Donita K. Paul and loved it. You can read my review here. It was a quick, fun read.

Fiddler's Gun by A.S. Peterson - This was a great book and Fiddler's Green just came out. I am looking forward to getting a hold of it. It is a historical fiction book and I loved that it focused on a strong female lead. I am already looking forward to how Fin Button will change and grow in the next book. It is written during the civil war and includes ship life and even pirates. Check it out!.

The Last Mango in Texas by Ray Blackston - I love Ray Blackston. I found him by accident because his books were next to Terry Blackstock at my library. He is funny! I really enjoyed Flabbergasted and went and tracked down the other books he had written outside of that series. This one is all about boy meets girl and boy pursues girl. I love how the book follows the lead and what he is thinking.

I've already started reading 3 books for next month I'll be reading The Happiness Project (assigned), Desiring God Meditations of a Christian Hedonist by John Piper (this is from my blogging for books projects) and then The Inn at Angel Island by Thomas Kinkaide and Katherine Spencer (for fun). Can't wait to see how it goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment