Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blogging for Books - INDIVISIBLE by Kristin Heitzman

This month I read Indivisible by Kristen Heitzman for "Blogging for Books."  I had heard of Heitzman before, but had never read anything by her. I think after this I will have to try some more out.  The books centers around a small colorado town and the characters who live there.  It is a suspense or thriller type of novel that all starts with finding two racoons that have been sewn together.  Who would do such a thing, and will they escalate to crimes that will involve humans?  Police Chief Jonah Westfall is on the job, but he is also trying to rid himself of his own demons.  Each character was multi-dimensional and interesting (although some  you just want to smack over the head and tell them to get a life and talk to the others).  Beyond the search for the culprit of the crime the author takes the time to introduce you to several characters and what is going on in their lives.  There is of course a good romance (or two) involved, but also the story of community and loyalty.  I really enjoyed it. 
You can read the first chapter for free and find the book here or here.
You can follow Kristin Heitzman online at http://www.KristinHeitzman.net
Thanks to WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for providing a free copy of this book for me to review. My Opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment