Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Booking it!

This month the "assigned reading" was Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.  I liked it, but didn't love it.  I tried a few types of bread, and they were good, but not great.  It also was a little frustrating to have to start bread the day before I needed it, and still have to remember to get it out in time to rest and cook.  I think I prefer my bread machine.  It still takes me near 3 hrs, but I think I am just comfortable with that time frame at this point. :)

I read Dragons of the Valley by Donita K. Paul for blogging for books and loved it.  You can check out my review by clicking on that link.

I also got to read the The Divvies Bakery Cookbook it's an allergen free cookbook.  My daughter has a friend who is severly allergic to Eggs, Milk, and Nuts and so I've been more interested in finding ways to cook without those things.  I loved the book.  It was well written, and the stuff tastes good!  If you have an allergy sufferer in your circle, this is worth the money! 

I have a couple of books that I have started this month, but haven't had a chance to finish yet, but I've had a lot more time to read this month.  Hopefully next month I'll have a lot to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment