Monday, April 11, 2011

Menu Plan 11-11

It's a new week!   Our grocery budget is beyond tight this week.  - We'll have to do with what is in the fridge/freezer/pantry.  I did stop by the store and get 2 gallons of milk (we only have 2 milk drinkers here, but they cruise through milk!) one pack of chicken breasts (on sale for $1.99 - if I had more money I would have bought more) and shrimp (shrimp has been requested a lot lately, and if I am going to get the rest of this food into my family I am going have to make some sacrifices - the shrimp was on sale also - and I can make the 2lb bag into 4 meals.).

BREAKFASTS -
Oatmeal - We use the giant canister and add powderd milk, cinnamon, brownsugar and sometimes fruit :)
Baked Oatmeal
Granola

LUNCH -
Leftovers
PB&J (or PB & Honey)
Carrots
Apples

DINNER -
Sunday - Easy Lasagna this is actually not the recipe that I made last night, but really close.  I mixed my noodles, cream cheese, sour cream and beef together.  I did a sauce layer and a noodle layer repeated until my dish was full then topped with mozerella baked at 350 covered 45 minutes and then uncovered for another 10 minutes - it also froze really well. 

Monday - Shrimp Alfredo

Tuesday -  Popcorn Chicken, veggies, bread

Wednesday - Church

Thursday - Family Night

Friday - Spaghetti (or possibly Tacos)

Saturday - Shrimp and Grits - maybe - I have been craving this meal, but it isn't my husband's favorite, if I have to switch things around I will.

For more great ideas check out orgjunkie.com

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an AMAZING menu for pantry meals! We are definitely going to be super tight the next few weeks as well so I completely understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I did the best I could with what I had. Tonight I forgot I had planned on popcorn chicken, and had somehow left it off of my list on the freezer, so I did enchiladas instead. Big hit and got rid of that enchilada sauce that had been in there for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete