Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blogging for Books - Love Food & Live Well by Chantel Hobbs

This week I received Love Food & Live Well from Waterbrook Press. I choose to review this book because I would like to lose a few pounds and I thought I might get a bit of a jump start with the help from the book. Chantel's story is motivating. She has lost 200 pounds and kept it off for ten years all while managing to be a wife, mother, and author. I loved hearing her story and a the few personal stories in the book, but if you are looking for a meal plan and scripted exercise then this is not the book for you. Well over the first half of the book was about getting your head and heart right and then the last 3 or 4 chapters had a few recipes, an interval training plan, and a strength training plan.

The book serves a purpose, but I found it to be more motivational than helpful for planning for weight loss. While I did find useful information, I felt like I there was more reading about general information than setting out my personal weight loss plan.

If you need a broad, informational startup for weightloss then this is the book for you. Complete with motivational stories. If you are looking for a scripted plan, you will find yourself disappointed.

You can read more about Chantel Hobbs and her books at her website http://www.chantelhobbs.com/

Thanks to WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for providing a free copy of this book for me to review. My Opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment