Saturday, October 16, 2010

Frugal Friday (Night)! - Mop Pads

Last week I found a link to a site where a woman made tops for her swiffer mops that she could throw into the wash instead of throwing them away. When I saw it, I had just cut out coupon for the rubbermaid version of the same thing. I was feeling pretty frugal for having a coupon, but when I saw the post I realized I could do better. FREE is a lot better! The process was fairly simple, cut a burp cloth down to size, sew on pockets from the scraps, and clean. Only one problem - I am not a seamstress, in fact I couldn't remember the last time I had used my machine. :) But, nonetheless I was fearless, I got everything out and pressed ahead. I'm glad no one was awake to see the carnage, but the end result was two great mop covers and the pride of accomplishment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment