Sunday, March 21, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

This week I am doing my own "eat from the pantry challenge." After 2 weeks of not so frugally shopping while in the grocery store I decided that to even it out a bit, this week we will eat from what we have around the house. It shouldn't be that difficult, I think in the last two weeks I have bought enough to feed an army for a year! Ah, live and learn.

Sunday - Mushroom Onion Chicken - This is becoming one of our family favorites. Everyone will eat and enjoy it, and as a bonus it is a good way to get rid of left over chicken.

Monday - Tacos - (I actually have tomatoes and lettuce on hand, might as well eat tacos when I have great toppings around!)

Tuesday - Eat Out - We are getting the carpets cleaned at 4pm, so by the time they are done I am sure we won't want to try to get back to our kitchen (especially since all of our furniture will be in there).

Wednesday - Church

Thursday - Chicken Pot Pie - simple recipe my mother-in-law showed me at one time- cut up chunks of cooked chicken (whatever you have on hand) mixed veggies, can of cream of chicken, dash of milk, salt and pepper to taste heat all of that until bubbling in a 350 oven and then put refrigerator biscuits on top for 10-20 minutes or until they are done.

Friday - Family

Saturday - more hamburger casserole - we are almost through with the stash of this I have in the freezer, I think my husband will be happy to see it gone for awhile.

For more great menu plans check out orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment